Bikram Yoga Weight Loss 30 day challenge – Is It Good?
In this article, we are going to guide you about Bikram Yoga Weight Loss 30 day challenge – Is It Good? which will be very helpful for you.
Started in the 1970s by Bikram Choudhury, Bikram yoga or Hot yoga is supposed to be one of the most powerful forms of yoga present. The Bikram yoga routine contains 26 postures or yoga asanas worked in a room heated to 105 degrees for over ninety minutes.
The principle behind the work of Bikram yoga is that the heat expands the detoxification of the body through extreme sweating that takes place.
Since warmer muscles can burn more exceeding calories, Bikram yoga is an exceptional type of yoga for weight loss. A single session of Bikram yoga has ability to burn up to a whopping 600 to 1500 calories.
Needless to state, this amount will depend upon how much work you put into every class and how powerful your poses are.
Bikram Yoga Weight Loss 30 Day Challenge Diet Plan:
In order to increase the benefits of Bikram yoga, a diet change is suggested (though not imperative). If you want to see results quicker, it would be more beneficial to change your diet for hot yoga.
While there is no particular Bikram yoga diet plan, there are usually guidelines about what to eat before and after a Bikram yoga class as well as what food is helpful when exercising this form of yoga. These include:
- Eat some small light meals throughout the day instead of three massive ones.
- Make sure that your meals contain some form of protein and complete grains to maintain energy levels up.
- Manage your consumption of fatty foods, caffeine, refined sugar, and dairy products to a minimum.
- Many people request that their digestion changes after exercising Bikram yoga for a while. Spicy foods and junk foods now sit massively in the stomach and are no longer as delightful as before obtaining weight loss and calorie control a complete lot easier.
- What you can eat before a Bikram yoga class varies from person to person. Some people feel more active in class if they have eaten a short nutritious snack or some fruit an hour or so before class. Others ask that they can only exercise yoga on an empty stomach or if they hold a gap of four hours or more between their last feed and their yoga class. After a few sessions of your own, you will understand what works great for your body.
- Bikram yoga tends to make you ravenous. After a class, it would be more beneficial to keep on hand some healthy strength boosters such as nuts or a banana or some fresh fruit or vegetable juice.
- As you proceed with your exercise of Bikram yoga you will become longer attuned with your body and start to differentiate between real hunger pangs and eating out of boredom or for emotional reasons.
- A lot of people consider that Bikram yoga requires a vegetarian diet. This is not true though you may help from switching to leaner meats such as chicken or turkey over beef or pork. The main purpose of a Bikram yoga diet is to provide proper nutrition and maintain the body to maximize its capability.
- An excellent Bikram yoga food plan would include meals that are unprocessed and devoid of dangerous additives and other chemicals. Try to get mainly organic produce and add lots of fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- The most valuable addition to any Bikram yoga diet is water. It is absolutely essential to drink at least two to three liters of water a day to stay hydrated and balance out electrolyte levels in the body. Some Bikram yoga instructors boost students to drink at least a liter of water before a session.
Is Bikram Hot Yoga Good For Weight Loss – Tips:
- For the most trustworthy results, try and make at least three classes a week or ten classes a month. Bikram yoga instructors insist that this is the least amount of sessions required to reap the advantages of this dynamic yoga. If you can do more classes, try for five days a week and see how your body gets transformed. These classes have to be complemented with a decent diet suggested by your yoga practitioner.
- Keep in mind that weight loss with Bikram yoga is a continuous process and hence you will have to hold to the diet for a longer time.
- Always discuss your doctor before starting Bikram yoga classes or any diet plan. The rigors of Bikram yoga may not accommodate everyone and it is more beneficial to get the all-clear from your doctor before performing to any number of classes.
Bikram Yoga Diet Benefits:
- Burning between 600 to 1500 calories every session
- Raising the lymphatic system and boosting flush the body of toxins
- Increasing metabolism and making weight loss more comfortable
- Lessening unhealthy food cravings
- Managing any digestive problems
- Developing muscle tone